Sunday, December 8, 2019

What on EARTH is Happening?! by Jenna V. Hilton

Isaiah 41:10   Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


When my pit bull Labrador mix, Skye, was six months old, she hadn’t the faintest clue what to do with the acorns dropping from the trees in our backyard. She would be sleeping on the deck after tearing around the yard like a wild animal and an acorn would randomly drop and smack her on the nose. Skye would spend several minutes barking at that acorn, and when I went outside to check on her she would run over to me and bury her head under my arm.

Sometimes we react to unexpected challenges like that. We don’t know what to do with this situation we suddenly find ourselves in. God knows what to do. He never gives us a challenge without first giving us the strength to handle it. All we have to do is pray.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for always being a prayer away. Help us to remember that you will always help us, and that you always answer prayer. In Jesus Name, Amen.



Jenna V. Hilton is seventeen, and lives in Arkansas with her parents, two sisters, a brother, and dog. She is a senior in high school and planning to attend college to become a veterinarian.




3 comments:

Marie Bast said...

Love the analogy, Jenna. Thank you for sharing, it really made my day!

HeidiDruKortman said...

Another good one, Jenna. Thank you.

Marilyn R. said...

Another nice devotional with Skye. Isaiah 41:10 is a favorite verse. Keep writing, Jenna.

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...