Saturday, July 10, 2021

Welcome Home By Jenna V Hilton





 My pitbull lab mix, Skye, has been my dog for six years this August. She’s six years old, she’s getting up there. She’s definitely not a puppy anymore. But she’s home. And she knows it.

 I remember the first time she realized she was home. It was movie night, Skye was chilling with us. I was half asleep when I felt I was being stared at. Skye was completely relaxed with her head on the arm of the couch, and she was looking at me like her world revolved around me. Like she loved me. 

This is what I’d like to think someone who’s been saved from the literal gates of Hell feels like. That moment when they realize, “Hey. I’m free. I’ve been saved. I have a HOME!”

I was raised in a Christian home. My dad’s a pastor. My salvation story isn’t all that exciting, I just realized that the same God who made the giant sweetgum tree in the front yard made me, and he never stops watching. 

My favorite verse to think about when I’m upset is from psalms. “You see every tear that falls. You catch them in your bottle!” I just think it’s amazing that God can take the worst person on earth and transform them into vessels, beautifully broken clay jars that he can use for His glory. 

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for everything you do. I love you. You never give up on me. Help me to do what you created me to do. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Jenna V. Hilton is nineteen, and lives in Arkansas with her parents, two sisters, a brother, and dog.  She is a senior in high school and planning to attend college to become a veterinarian.




 

1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Jenna, a wonderful thought. Your testimony is just as powerful as anyone because God has kept you from the evils of this world with your Christian heritage.

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...