Tuesday, February 1, 2022

To Disguise the Truth (The Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency)

 


To Disguise the Truth 

(The Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency) 

 January 18, 2022


Arthur Livingston's goal in life is to make his mark on the world as a mining industrialist, but after the man who could help him achieve his goal is murdered, Arthur feels compelled to seek justice for the family--but he's left with more questions than answers after the eccentric Bleecker Street Inquiry Agency refuses to take on his case.

Desperate to conceal her real identity and avoid the irritatingly handsome Arthur, Eunice takes on a different case that requires her to go deep undercover and entangles her in one troublesome situation after another. When other secrets come to light, Eunice has no choice but to confront her past, hopeful that it will set her free but knowing it could very well place her life--and the lives of those she loves--in jeopardy.



My thoughts: what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. That was the theme of the story. An amusing historical mystery  that held my interest  the writing was rather stilted and the characters  abrupt and not really likable at times but there were a lot of twists and turns  that I never saw coming. I had to keep reading to find out who done it. I won't tell you whether I was right or not but maybe I was partially right. I would have liked to see more sexual attention, the romance seems rather flat, but for the first book that I've read by this particular áuthor it was interesting. I might or might not read more by her.   If  you like history mysteries then you would probably love this book. I was given a copy free and all opinions on my own.







No comments:

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...