Saturday, April 17, 2010
God Never Blinks
Title: GOD NEVER BLINKS
Author: Regina Brett
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Regina Brett wrote essays for her newspaper in Ohio, and soon found out that they were wildly popular. Filled with common sense from a woman who has lived to fifty (and beyond) and has learned some valuable life lessons along the way.
Regina Brett is a breast cancer survivor (which automatically makes her a kindred spirit) and is wise, compassionate and honest in her writings. Raised Catholic, Regina Brett did make some mistakes along the way, but as a result she gave us a road map that we can all follow, no matter what age we are.
Some of the lessons included in this book are:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good
2. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
3. Pay off your credit cards every month.
4. The most important sex organ is the brain.
5. A writer is someone who writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
6. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
7. Over-prepare then go with the flow.
8. Always choose life.
9. What other people think of you is none of your business.
10. The best is yet to come.
This is just a sampling, and every one of these essays are beautifully written, full of humor and good advice. I did disagree with some things, such as I would never dare cuss God out, and Regina Brett says that its good for you to do that every now and again.
If you are looking for a book for a gift for college graduation, mother’s day, father’s day, or someone’s 80th birthday, GOD NEVER BLINKS is certainly a one-size fits all. $21.99, hardcover. 234 pages.