Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Love God's Green Earth


Title: I LOVE GOD’S GREEN EARTH
Authors: Michael & Caroline Carroll
Publisher: Tyndale Kids
February 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4143-3179-9
Genre: Inspirational/devotional/youth

I LOVE GOD’S GREEN EARTH is a devotional for kids who want to take care of God’s creation…which should be everyone.

Each devotional starts with a verse, usually in the New Living Word version, followed by a short devotional relating the verse with some aspect of nature. Then it makes the “connection” tying scripture into creation. After that, it concludes with a section called “What can I do?” that will help your child understand their part. And, to make it fun, each devotional includes a joke or riddle.

I have been using I LOVE GOD’S GREEN EARTH with my five children for awhile so I could get a feel for the book and its style. Three of my children are probably a bit old for it, since they are teenagers, but my five year old and eight year old thought this is great. My teen boys loved the jokes.

My older son said that this book is a great devotional for the young and young-at-heart. My younger son said this devotional is great and he likes it.

I liked how this took stuff that you could teach your children from a magazine like “Ranger Rick” – but that isn’t offered in a Christian view – and this is. It is like a simple science lesson included with the Bible lesson.

Topics include: Smart Energy, Natural Disasters, Recycling, Animals Helping, Animals Behaving Badly, Trash, Simple Things to do at Home and more. Plus, included at the end of the book are Top Ten Tips for Creation Care. This would be an excellent book for your child or grandchild. $12.99. 182 pages.

No comments:

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...