Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jesus Calling

Title: JESUS CALLING
Author: Sarah Young
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
2009
ISBN: 978-1-5814-5188-4
Genre: Inspiration/Christian life/devotional

Jesus is calling. Do you hear him? (from the back cover)

This adorable little gift book style devotional is filled with 366 daily devotionals (including one for February 29). The devotions start with two or three biblical references for you to look up, read, and ponder over, then a short one paragraph (or three paragraph) devotional for you to read.

Each devotional is considerably upbeat and encouraging, kind of longer “God speaks.” Starting with phases such as: I want you to be all mine. Or Strive to trust me…. Reminding us that I am the Risen One. and that I am with you.

While not very long, the devotional is a great pick-me-up to start the day with. It will only take a few minutes of a busy morning schedule to start your work day with the Lord, thus ensuring that your mind will be wrapped in Him, and His promises as you go about your daily business. Coupled with your favorite inspirational music as you commute to work, this book will truly help you start your day off right.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading JESUS CALLING and using it as one of my devotionals during the day. Whenever I need a God moment I pick up a devotional and spend a few minutes in my “prayer closet,” talking with my Jesus and listening for His voice. JESUS CALLING is a devotional that will go on my keeper shelf, for use over the years. $14.99 hardcover. 382 pages.

No comments:

One Wrong Move (Jeopardy Falls)

  One Wrong Move  (Jeopardy Falls)  February 6, 2024 by  Dani Dani Pettrey   (Author) Taunting riddles. A deadly string of heists. Two broke...