Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Don't Kiss Him Good-bye


Title: DON’T KISS HIM GOOD-BYE
Author: Sandra Byrd
Publisher: Tyndale
September 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4143-2599-6
Genre: Inspirational/Juvenile fiction

Savvy Smith is settling into her first year at a new school, in a new country. In addition to the differences in the English language, she discovers yet another new English tradition: The May Day Ball. Apparently, it is quite a big deal, and girls have dates for it months in advance. So, Savvy starts making a list of whom she might have a possibility of getting a date with.

But then she finds out that most all the boys already have dates. Except one, who is good-looking, but he seems to have a reputation for trouble. What will Savvy do? Follow her heart? Follow the crowd? Or follow her own advice?

DON’T KISS HIM GOOD-BYE is the third book in the London Confidential series by Ms. Byrd, but it is the first book in this series I read. The book easily stood alone, and I was surprised to notice it was part of a series. Now I have to look up the other three books in this collection.

Savvy is a lovely fifteen year old girl who absolutely won my sympathies and my love. I cared what happened to her, and I had to keep reading to see what happened. Even though the book was relatively thick for a juvenile book, I read through it all in an afternoon. This is a book that I am willing to let my fourteen year old girl read without worry. And even my eight year old girl. I thoroughly enjoyed DON’T KISS HIM GOOD-BYE. $6.99. 243 pages.

No comments:

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...