Saturday, October 6, 2012

For This Child I Prayed / Prayers and Promises for My Little Grandchild


Title: FOR THIS CHILD I PRAYED
Author: Stormie Omartian
Illustrator: Susan Rios
Publisher: Havest House Publishers
July 2012
ISBN: 978-0736950640
Genre: Gift book

FOR THIS CHILD I PRAYED is a prayer book for parents – whether their child is a newborn and they are learning how and what dedicating him to the Lord means and entails, or whether the child is a young adult and making decisions on their own.

I prayed these prayers over my man-child today as I read FOR THIS CHILD I PRAYED, and I will be keeping this book in a central location to pick up and pray for my two sons or my three daughters.

The book has beautiful illustrations to go with the prayers, inspirational thoughts, and scripture verses. This would be an ideal baby shower gift to a new parent, or a just because gift for any parent. Highly recommended. $15.99 hardcover. 48 pages. 

***

Title: PRAYERS AND PROMISES FOR MY LITTLE GRANDCHILD
Author: Jerry Cook
Illustrator: Laurie Snow Hein
Publisher: Havest House Publishers
July 2012
ISBN: 978-0736943260
Genre: Gift book

PRAYERS AND PROMISES FOR MY LITTLE GRANDCHILD is a prayer book for grandparents – whether their grandchild is a newborn and they are learning, or whether they have multiple grandchildren they spend time with regularly or whether they only see them on occasion.

The book has beautiful illustrations to go with the prayers, inspirational thoughts, and scripture verses and essays. I absolutely love the cover and some of the pictures of grandparents spending time with their grandchildren. The stories are sweet and encouraging, sharing different thoughts, such as:

Ø      Living with gratitude
Ø      God’s masterpiece
Ø      You are safe with God
Ø      God’s special creation
Ø      A loving friend
Ø      And more

If you are a grandparent (or soon to become one), then PRAYERS AND PROMISES FOR MY LITTLE GRANDCHILD is a book you’ll want to consider. Highly recommended. $15.99 hardcover. 48 pages. 

No comments:

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...