Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Guest Post by Regina Rudd Merrick about Carolina Mercy





Book one of the Southern Breeze series, Carolina Dream, came about as the result of – you got it – a dream! When I started thinking about a follow-up, Carolina Mercy was born. I couldn’t get Tom and Lucy, secondary characters in Carolina Dream, out of my head, so I decided to continue their story. I also loved writing about the Grand Strand of South Carolina. This Kentucky girl likes the beach.

What started out as a simple love story became a story of love, loss, hurricanes, and weddings! I mean, who doesn’t want to read a book that starts at a funeral visitation? My one regret is that it was a closed-casket funeral, so I couldn’t insert a little old lady whispering to her friend, “doesn’t he look natural?” Is this a southern thing?

I’ve been asked where I draw the instances in my books, and whether or not they come from my life. My answer is always a resounding YES. Maybe not the exact situations, but there are pieces of my life sprinkled in everything I do. For instance, since I used my favorite wedding story ever, I had to dedicate the book to my sister, since it was in her wedding. To find out what happened, you’ll have to read Carolina Mercy!




Book Blurb:

She’s always gotten everything she’s wanted. He thinks he has to give up everything.

Her best friend’s wedding is foremost on Lucy Dixon’s radar. Her biggest concern is once again meeting Tom Livingston, who has ignored her since an idyllic date on the boardwalk of Myrtle Beach the previous summer.

At least, it is her biggest concern until tragedy strikes. Where is her loving, merciful God, now?

When Tom Livingston meets Lucy, the attraction is instant. Soon after, his mother is diagnosed with an untreatable illness and his personal life is pushed aside. His work with the sheriff’s department, his family – they are more important. He knows about the love of God, but circumstances make him feel as if God’s mercy is for everyone else, not him.

Can a wedding and a hurricane – blessing and tragedy – bring them together?

Bio:


Regina Rudd Merrick began reading romance and thinking of book ideas as early as her teenage years when she attempted a happily-ever-after sequel to “Gone With the Wind.” That love of fiction parlayed into a career as a librarian, and finally to writing full-time. She began attending local writing workshops and continued to hone her craft by writing several short and novel-length fan-fiction pieces published online, where she met other authors with a similar love for story, a Christian worldview, and happily-ever-after. Married for 30+ years and active in their church in Marion, KY, Regina and her husband have two grown daughters who share her love of music, writing, and the arts. Visit Regina on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or on her website at https://www.reginaruddmerrick.com.

Social Media:



Sale Links:





2 comments:

Regina Merrick said...

Thanks for hosting me, Laura!! Looking forward to meeting your readers!

Marilyn R. said...

Both of these books sound like wonderful stories to read. I've never considered going to the beach for Christmas--mid America where there's a good chance for a white Christmas is what I prefer.

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...