Friday, November 15, 2019

A Savior Is Born: Rocks Tell the Story of Christmas / The Beginner's Bible Jesus Is Born (I Can Read! / The Beginner's Bible)





A Savior Is Born: Rocks Tell the Story of Christmas

Hardcover, ebook

October 2, 2018

by Patti Rokus (Author)







  • Age Range: 4 - 8 years
  • Grade Level: Preschool - 3
  • Hardcover: 32 pages
  • Publisher: Zondervan 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0310764960

  • By arranging a few rocks together an entire story can be told. A Savior Is Born, Rocks Tell the Story of Christmas, created by Patti Rokus, is an unforgettable picture book that uses majestic rock art and simple yet powerful text to inspire wonder and awe as the miracle of Christmas unfolds across the pages. Readers will be absorbed in the nature-filled artwork that shows the birth of Jesus and the celebration of the very first Christmas in a powerful and unique way.
    The cover of this book sparkles and shines with foil, embossing, and spot gloss.

  • My thoughts: Well this is an unique approach to a book. A SAVIOR IS BORN: Rocks Tell the Story of Christmas is just that. Pictures of rocks arranged in a way to depict the Christmas story, which a few words describing the picture. 

  • This would be an idea gift for the child in your life that loves rocks, the artsy crafty adult you know who uses nature as their art box, or the person who collects unique coffee table books. 

  • My children weren't quite sure what to think if it, but I have to give the author kudos for creativity.  And I love it as a coffee table book.

  • I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own.

  • ***********************************



  • The Beginner's Bible Jesus Is Born (I Can Read! / The Beginner's Bible)

     Paperback – ebook, audible

    October 6, 2009


    • Grade Level: Preschool and up
    • Series: I Can Read! / The Beginner's Bible
    • Paperback: 32 pages
    • Publisher: Zonderkidz 
    • ISBN-13: 978-0310717805

    Popular Bible stories from the bestselling The Beginner's Bible in the proven I Can Read format for introducing young children to the joy of reading. Mary is going to have a special baby. When he's born, God's angels tell everyone the good news. But the king isn't happy at all. What will become of Baby Jesus?


      My thoughts:  I find the artwork kind of scary, and the story rather  simple, so you might want to look at it before purchasing to make sure it is suitable for your child.  I do like that it tells part of the story and a picture of a small child when the wisemen came.

      I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own.






      No comments:

      This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

        This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...