Sunday, January 31, 2021

I Forgive You. By Jenna V Hilton















My pitbull lab mix, Skye, LOVES to shred things. Paper, cardboard, plastic bags. Books, when she can get at them. 

Once, Skye was playing with one of the packing air bubbles, and I came over to take it away before she swallowed it. Skye growled playfully... and chomped down on my finger. 

I yanked my hand away, and examined it. Not a bad injury. Just a scratch. But Skye was realizing what she did. She tasted my blood in her mouth, and looked at me with pure horror in her eyes, ears pinned back. She slowly leaned towards my hand, sniffing it all over. Finally, Skye cowered in front of me, tears in her eyes. 

I couldn’t help but forgive her. I like to think that’s how God accepts us into his family. We’re all rotten, and we hurt God over and over again. Then we realize what we did, and we’re horrified. How could we treat God this way?! How can he ever forgive us? But he does. He bends down to us, and wipes our tears away, and says, “It’s okay. I forgive you.”

 My hand won’t scar. But Jesus has scars on his hands that tell just how much he loves us.

 Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your amazing sacrifice. Help us not to take it for granted. In Jesus Name, Amen.



Jenna V. Hilton is eighteen, and lives in Arkansas with her parents, two sisters, a brother, and dog.  She is a senior in high school and planning to attend college to become a veterinarian.












3 comments:

B. J. Bassett said...

Amen.

Julie Arduini said...

Great reminder!

Marie Bast said...

That is a great analogy of the way we treat God, Jenna. I never thought of it like that before. Thanks for sharing, it's an eyeopener.

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...