Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fearless


Title: FEARLESS
Author: Max Lucado
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
September 2009
ISBN: 978-0-8499-2139-1
Genre: inspirational/Christian life

Not too many of us will make the following statements:

My phobias put such a spring in my steps.
I’d be a rotten parent if it weren’t for my hypochondria.
Thank God for my pessimism. I’ve been such a better person since I lost hope.
My doctor says that if I don’t start fretting I will lose my health.

These statements are ridiculous, yet sometime we live as if they are the gospel truth. Popular author Max Lucado shares with us in his book, FEARLESS, that it is possible to trust in God to supply our needs. He shares with us in the book about how when his father was dying he couldn’t afford a plane ticket home to be with his parents. Yet God, in His mercy provided the means for Max Lucado to get home. All Max had to do was to reach out and accept the gift.

If God cares about things like that, then why do our “miracle meters” register nothing when we are faced with a bill that we don’t know how to pay, a health concern that may take our life, or empty cupboards with nothing to feed our children. Why do we worry about such things? Yet, we do. We forget everything God has done for us, we forget how He has provided for us, and we cry out to Him, “Don’t you care?”

FEARLESS has rung quite true to me, and I imagine it will for others too. We are living in an age where many are losing their jobs, their homes, and their cars. When the bank is knocking on our door with foreclosure notices, and we are getting shut off notices from the utilities, what can we do? We’re afraid to answer the phone, afraid to get the mail, and scared to be called into the boss’s office. Yet, Christ urges us to fear not. To trust Him.

FEARLESS will help show you all the miracles God has accomplished in Mr. Lucado’s life, and the lives of others around him. He reminds us of God’s provisions in the Bible, and shares scripture references to help build our faith and our trust that God will provide for our needs.

FEARLESS stomped on my toes, as I struggle with faith too. I’ll be putting this book on my shelf to pick up the next time I start stressing about where the money is going to come from to pay a bill that is due. Maybe it will help me remember that God has always provided so far, and that He will provide—somehow—again. Pick up your copy of FEARLESS today, and may we start living as Jesus intended. Discussion questions are included at the end of the book. $24.99 hardcover. 218 pages.


Be sure to check out these links:

www.TheFearlesBook.com

www.MaxLucado.com/TownHall

www.ThomasNelson.com/Fearless

And these Fearless videos:

Q&A

General Greeting

60 sec. commercial

No comments:

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...