Sunday, March 31, 2019

Heidi Dru Kortman shares an important verse



I don't know if I'd call this a life verse, exactly, but it's been important to me since I found it during a Bible Study Fellowship lesson:

Micah 4:6-8. "In that day", declares the Lord, "I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief.  I will make the lame a remnant, those driven away a strong nation. The Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion from that day and forever. As for you, O watchtower of the flock, O stronghold of the Daughter of Zion, the former dominion will be restored to you; kingship will come to the Daughter of Jerusalem."

My cerebral palsy has always made me awkward (lame) in one way or another, and I've frequently felt on the outside of things. More an observer than a participant, but this verse appears to say that God values me.


Heidi Dru Kortman DTM
God's gifts and call are irrevocable.

Heidi Dru Kortman, a CWG Apprentice graduate, ACFW member since 2004, and Word Weaver member has published devotionals in various newsletters, and a collected volume of devotionals. Her poetry, flash fiction, and short stories have appeared in small magazines, and a website. She is applying herself to the task of writing smoothly polished fiction.






5 comments:

Marilyn R. said...

Heidi, thank you for sharing these verses. Yes, each one is valuable in God's eyes and He's using you with devotional that are ministering to others. Blessings

Julie Arduini said...

These are so encouraging. Thank you, Heidi and Laura!

Marie Bast said...

A wonderful verse and right on spot. Thanks for sharing, Heidi and Laura.

B. J. Bassett said...

Beautiful Words and promise.

HeidiDruKortman said...

Marilyn, Julie, Marie, and Bunny, thank you for taking the time to read this verse that has become important to me.

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...