Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Gift of Psalms

THE WORD OF PROMISE THE GIFT OF PSALMS
Devotional Wisdm from 50 of the Best Loved Psalms
Thomas Nelson
2009
ISBN: 978-1-4185-3437-0
Genre: Scripture/devotional

When I read the description of this book on Thomas Nelson’s website, and saw that it included three CDs with the Psalms set to music, I wanted to review this book. I waited anxiously for the UPS man to deliver the package containing the book. When it came, I opened it up, and this hardcover book is so beautiful. It is truly a book that would be a cherished gift for any one, for any reason.

Not all the Psalms are included in this book. There are selected ones, read by different people. The music is very faint in the background. My only complaint was that I wish the music would have been a little bit louder so we could enjoy both the reading and the music.

The devotionals are very well written, and biblically sound. Also included in each section is a short prayer for the reader to pray.

Both my husband and I love this book. It will be going on our keeper shelf. If you are looking for a unique gift for your favorite graduate, your pastor, or anyone, THE GIFT OF PSALMS would be it. Reasonably priced, it will not break anyone’s budget. $19.99 hardcover.

The Word of Promise The Gift of Psalms:http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=1418534374

No comments:

Where Am I? God, Help Me! #Devotional by Becky Van Vleet

  “Ah, Lord  God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for...