Sunday, May 27, 2012

Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People


Title: WORKING SUCCESSFULLY WITH SCREWED-UP PEOPLE
Author: Elizabeth B. Brown
Publisher: Revell
May 2012
ISBN: 978-0800720117
Genre: Self-help/business

Are crazy co-workers stressing you out? Here’s the solution.

Let’s face it. Some people don’t listen, don’t care, and won’t compromise. And you probably work with them. The incomprehensible supervisor. The person who talks more than works. The customer who isn’t always right.

The good news is, it doesn’t take two people to change a relationship—it takes one. You.
In WORKING SUCCESSFULLY WITH SCREWED-UP PEOPLE, Ms. Brown will show you how to be unflappable, imperturbable, and unflustered in every situation.

WORKING SUCCESSFULLY WITH SCREWED-UP PEOPLE is a must read for every working person, whether they are a work-at-home parent or whether they go out in the rat race every day. I enjoyed reading this book, Ms. Brown’s writing style drew me in and held my interest, and I learned some things… such as, my husband is very much a rule-follower. It is set in stone. I am more of a rules are guidelines type person, and love to say, the rules apply to everyone but me. My husband’s rigidness drives me crazy sometimes, the same way my more relaxed approach to everything affects him. Opposites attract, right?

In a work place, you have to somehow manage to work eight hours a day that people that don’t share your values. You might be more dedicated to work, and earning the paycheck, while someone else might be more of the “I’m here to take up space and chat” mindset. Or maybe the way you solve problems differ. If you have any work relationship problems, then you have to read WORKING SUCCESSFULLY WITH SCREWED-UP PEOPLE. It will be the help you need. And you’ll learn a lot about personality types as well. $12.99. 260 pages.

No comments:

Where Am I? God, Help Me! #Devotional by Becky Van Vleet

  “Ah, Lord  God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for...