Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Turning the Paige


Title: TURNING THE PAIGE
Author: Laura Jensen Walker
Publisher: Zondervan
March 2009
ISBN: 978-0-310-27698-2
Genre: Inspirational/women’s fiction

Paige Kelley has been married, and divorced (compliments of her mother, who sabotaged her marriage) and now she is thirty-five, with no prospects. Her mother is ailing, and extremely high-maintenance, and Paige’s friends accuse her of being tied to her mother’s apron strings.

Paige longs for marriage, motherhood, and the white picket fence, and her mother helpfully reminds her she’s not getting any younger, conveniently forgetting that Paige had been married…

As Paige’s friends continue to urge her to break free, Paige begins to consider it. But who would take care of her mother? And how would she break free anyway?

TURNING THE PAIGE is the second book in The Getaway Girls Novel series, but it easily stands alone. I enjoyed reconnecting with the ladies in this adventurous book club, and soaking in their open friendship vicariously.

Paige is a realistic heroine, and I have to admire her for caring for her mother the way she does. I have a maiden aunt who did much the same thing as Paige, giving up all hopes and dreams for the sake of her mother, so in a way I could relate. I was always sorry my aunt never did break free. And while I sympathized for the mother, she did need to ease up on Paige somewhat and develop a life of her own.

I do love how TURNING THE PAIGE ended. Truly delicious and quite satisfying. A preview of Ms. Walker’s next book Becca by the Book is included at the end of TURNING THE PAIGE. Pick up your copy at your favorite bookseller today. $14.99. 305 pages.



I bought this book myself. The money that was exchanged went to the bookseller that I bought it from. I was not reimbursed in any form for this review.

No comments:

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...